The maintenance required light is also known as the “Maintenance Light” or the “Maint Reqd” light that’s displayed on your Toyota Prius instrument panel. Often confused as the check engine light, or Malfunction Indicator Lamp, the maintenance required light is simply a reminder to perform the oil change on your hybrid Prius.
For DIY people who want to change their own oil, this is an easy way to remember the vital service intervals that keep your Prius on the road. Once your oil change is done, you should reset this light to clear your Toyota instrument panel. Unfortunately, this light can also become bothersome for people who don’t know How To Reset a Toyota Prius Maintenance Light.
Today we’ll be walking you through the steps on How To Reset a Toyota Prius Maintenance Light.
Instructions on How To Reset a Toyota Prius Maintenance Light
1. Start up your Toyota Prius by way of your push button ignition system
2. Press the odometer trip button until your Toyota Prius instrument panel shows the odometer mileage
3. Push your ignition button to power down your Toyota Prius
4. Now depress the odometer trip button which is in the center of your dash.
5. Hold down the odometer trip button while powering on your Prius by pressing the ignition button.
6. Hold down the trip button until the “Maint Reqd” indicator goes away.
Congratulations, you now know How To Reset a Toyota Prius Maintenance Light. Have any questions? Leave them for us below!