The 2016 SEMA Battle of the Builders Competition is beginning to heat up. SEMA has chosen the Top 21 builders that will compete in this year’s competition. The competition includes vehicles on display at the SEMA Show, and will feature the nation’s best car builders from across the nation. Last year’s SEMA Battle of the Builders was showcased on national television, and was an incredible success.
Like the previous competition a year ago, all vehicle makes are allowed in the SEMA Battle of the Builders. From trucks, sport compacts and hot rods to exotics, builders are invited and pitted against one another in the ultimate car build off.
Inside the 2016 SEMA Battle of the Builders
What’s new at the 2016 SEMA Show – One of the new features of the 2016 SEMA battle of the builders is a “young guns” division. Meant to include car builders that are 34 years and under, this new category shows off the very best of the next generation of builders. There were a total of 98 entries that qualified in the “young gun” division, but only a handful made the cut in the final 21 builders.
Who is competing in the 2016 SEMA Battle of the Builders?
SEMA has made the call on 21 participants to the competition. From here these vehicles will be judged by a panel of judges. These judges are experts and leaders in the automotive industry. They will be making their choices from a panel of 21 talented car builders, chosen by SEMA. Interested to see who made the cut in the 2016 SEMA Battle of the Builders? Check out the participants below.
- Ernie Manansala – 2014 Nissan GTR **Young Gun
- Big Mike – 1992 Honda Prelude **Young Gun
- Dominic Le – 1974 Datsun 260Z **Young Gun
- Gordon Ting – 2016 Prius
- Jeremy Lookofsky – 2017 Toyota Corolla
- Igor Polishchuk – 1989 BMW 325is
- Anthony De Guzman – 1993 Toyota Supra **Young Gun
- Jeremy & Phil Gerber – 1967 Chevy Chevelle Onyx **Young Gun
- Kyle Tucker – 1941 Willys 2 Door Coupe
- Mike & Jim Ring – 1969 Chevy Camaro and 1948 Cadillac
- Jessie Greening – 1961 Chevy 2 Door Sedan
- Cam Miller – 1969 Chevy Camaro
- Jason Pecikonis – 1965 Ford Mustang
- Cris Payne – 2016 Chevy Colorado Diesel **Young Gun
- Brad DeBerti – 2017 Ford Raptor **Young Gun
- Kenny Hauk – 1948 Kaiser Willys Pickup
- Greg Higgs – 2015 Chevy Colorado
- Randy Weaver – 1938 Diamond T Hauler
- John Cole – 1966 Ford Bronco
- Mark Turner – 1958 Jeep FC170
The judges will pair down the group of 21 down to a Top 10 of 2016 SEMA Battle of the Builders finalists. From these ten builders, the ultimate winner of the SEMA Battle of the Builders will be announced at the SEMA aftershow; SEMA Ignited. Want to learn how to attend SEMA for free? Or experience SEMA Ignited on your own?
Head over to www.semashow.com to learn more. You can also learn all about the 2016 SEMA Battle of the Builders competition at www.semashow.com/botb. What do you think about the 2016 Battle? Who do you think will win? Leave us a message below and let us know, or subscribe to My Pro Street to get all the latest automotive news and updates delivered to your inbox daily.