It can be a confusing time when you see your Altima Maintenance Light turn on in your Nissan. There’s a variety of different service lights in your car that can mean many things. One of the more common Altima lights in your dashboard is the maintenance light. This is a simple reminder from Nissan to change your engine oil. The Altima maintenance light is also called the oil service light, not to be confused with the check engine light.
Today I’ll be showing you how to reset your Altima maintenance light in the 2005-2015 Nissan. The earlier model of Altima has special controls that are included in Navigation equipped models only.
Resetting your Nissan Altima Maintenance Light
From the year ranges of 2005-2006 the Altima maintenance light is very easy to reset. To do this you will need to follow these easy steps.
- Insert the Altima key to the “ON” position.
- Find and press the TRIP button until the Options menu shows up in your instrument cluster.
- Use the center control, scroll down to the Maintenance menu in your Nissan Altima.
- Scroll to the Engine Oil selection in your maintenance menu
- Move to the Reset option and press Enter to reset your Altima maintenance light
Once you have completed this step, you should make sure that that your engine oil mileage displays a 0. This can also apply for your tire pressure warnings as well in your Altima.
2007-2012 Altima maintenance light
This year range of Nissan uses the heads up display to show the Vehicle Information for your Altima. You will need to use the two buttons on your dash as an ENTER button. This section looks like two boxes that overlap and the next button is a single circle.
To reset this Altima maintenance light, you will need to follow this procedure.
- Insert the Altima ignition key and turn it to the “ON” position.
- Depress the ENTER button until you cycle to the SETTING mode.
- Press NEXT to enter into the SETTINGS
- Cycle through the menu until the Altima Maintenance option is highlighted.
- Select the option with the ENTER button
- You can highlight one of the three fields – ENGINE OIL – OIL FILTER – TIRE by pressing next on the corresponding menu item.
- Highlight RESET by pressing the NEXT button twice and then ENTER
- Make sure that the mileage displayed on your console reads 0
You can repeat these reset procedures for any other part of your Altima. In order to properly reset your Altima Maintenance Light you’ll need to clear your Oil Filter light as well.
2013-2015 Altima maintenance light
The latest Nissan Altima has several changes to the maintenance light reset procedure. The following steps can help you clear the Altima maintenance light in your Nissan.
- Put in your Nissan ignition key and turn ignition switch to ON position
- Scroll through your onscreen menu items using your steering wheel
- When you get to the SETTINGS menu, press ENTER
- Find the Service you want to reset and scroll to RESET
- Press ENTER to clear and reset the Altima maintenance in question
- Exit and check to make sure your mileage for service reads 0
You now know how to reset your Altima maintenance light. Have any questions about your service light or want to learn more about your Nissan Altima? Subscribe today and get the latest in tech tips, DIY articles and How To guides.