Your Acura maintenance required lamp is your car’s gentle way of reminding you that you should take your RSX, MDX, Integra or CL in for some regularly scheduled maintenance. When this light turns on in your Acura instrument cluster, and you happen to perform your own maintenance you will want to know how to reset your Acura maintenance required indicator.
Today we’ll be showing you how to reset your Acura maintenance required indicator in several different models for different year ranges. If you are changing your own oil and spark plugs, understanding knowing how to reset your Acura maintenance required indicator goes a long way.
Once you complete our how to reset your Acura maintenance required indicator guide, for the first 6,000 miles your maintenance required light will turn on for two seconds when you turn the key to the “ON” position. After resetting your maintenance required light your indicator will light for two seconds when you turn the key to “ON” and flash for ten seconds. This is completely normal behavior from your Acura and you shouldn’t worry about this behavior.
If you leave the maintenance required light on without resetting it after 7,500 miles it will remain on constantly. This can be annoying to many Acura owners, and this is what our how to reset your Acura maintenance required indicator DIY guide is for.
There’s going to be one of two different ways of resetting an Acura maintenance required light. You will either use the odometer reset button, or the combination of both reset and odometer buttons to the right on your Acura dashboard.
Steps to reset an Acura maintenance required indicator light
- Turn off your Acura
- Locate and depress your select and reset buttons
- Keep your select and reset buttons depressed
- Turn your ignition to the ON position.
- Hold down both buttons until your maintenance required light turns off and resets.
If you own a Acura RSX, the steps will vary slightly because you’ll be pressing the odometer button instead.
- Locate your odometer reset button
- Put your key into the ignition
- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position
- Keep holding the button down until the Maintenance Required light blinks. Release the odometer reset button when your Acura RSX maintenance required light turns off.
If you own a Acura MDX, the buttons you need to hold are to the right of the gauge cluster.
- Find your reset and select buttons on your MDX dashboard
- Insert the key into the ignition
- Turn to the ON position
- Keep holding both the reset and select buttons down, release when your maintenance light resets.
You now know how to reset your Acura maintenance required indicator in your Acura RSX, MDX and TL / CL. If you have any questions or would like to improve our how to reset your Acura maintenance required indicator DIY guide, please let us know below!